If you wish to install adam:ONE on Asus RT-N16, visit this page.
Step #1 - Download the firmware
Click on your router below and save the firmware to your computer.
|RT-N66U/R 1.5.0||RT-AC56U 1.5.0|
|RT-AC66U 1.5.0||RT-AC66U-B1 1.5.0||RT-AC68U 1.5.0|
|RT-AC87U 1.5.0||AC88U 1.5.0||AC3100 1.5.0|
|RT-AC3200 1.5.0||RT-AC5300 1.5.0|
Step #2 - Record your current settings (optional)
All of your router’s settings will be erased. If you want to keep your current WiFi name and password, make sure to record them. If you have customized other router settings, log in to your router and record them, including port forwards, VPN settings, etc.
Step #3 - Update factory firmware
- Log in to your Asus router interface. Usually this is accomplished by opening a browser and visiting http://192.168.1.1. The username is usually admin, and the password is something that was specified when the router was initially setup.
- Select Administration on the menu
- Select Firmware Upgrade tab
- Click on Check
- If an upgrade is available, proceed with online instructions to upgrade before continuing below
Note that the above was added to facilitate migration to regulatory-compliant firmware. Each router’s latest firmware contains a message similar to this one directly on ASUS firmware download page:
ASUS has been dedicated to cooperate with third party developers to come up with more innovative features.
To comply with regulatory amendments, we have modified firmware verification rule to ensure better firmware quality.
This version is not compatible with all previously released ASUS firmware and uncertified third party firmware.
Step #4 - Install adam:ONE firmware
- Connect your computer to one of the router’s LAN ports.
- Turn off your computer’s WiFi (so that your router access is only via ethernet LAN).
- Login to your Asus router interface again (just like previous section Step #3)
- Select Administration
- Select Firmware Upgrade
- Next to Firmware File, choose the firmware file you downloaded. The filename begins with “raptus” and ends with “.trx”. Click upload and wait. After the file is uploaded, the router will restart. This may take a couple of minutes.If you see an error regarding foreign firmware, try alternate instructions at the end of this document.
- After the router has rebooted, we need to clear the NVRAM by doing these steps collectively referred to as 30-30-30
- Wait until the WiFi light is on
- Press and hold the WPS button for 30 seconds
- WHILE continuing to hold, remove power and wait for 30 seconds
- WHILE STILL holding, apply power and continue to hold for 30 seconds
- Release the button
- Make sure your computer’s network adaptor is set back to “Obtain IP automatically”
- Go to https://router.asus.com:8080 in your web browser. You will be walked asked to give your router an admin password and setup your WiFi name and password.
- After completing these questions, the router admin interface will be displayed. Clicking on the BoxID will take you to https://dashboard.adamnet.works/signup, where you can signup for a 30 day FREE trial (no credit card required).
- If you have already registered this BoxID before, you can skip the previous step and visit https://dashboard.adamnet.works
Alternate Instructions to Install adam:ONE firmware
- Power off your router and connect your computer’s LAN adaptor to a LAN port on the ASUS router.
- Set your computer’s Ethernet LAN address to 192.168.1.2 with subnet mask of 255.255.255.0.
- Press and hold the Reset button (indented black button) as you power up the router. Keep pressing the Reset button until for approximately 20 seconds.
- Open a browser and go to http://192.168.1.1 and choose the TRX you downloaded from this site.
- Follow instruction numbers 7 through 10 in Step #4 above